Iggy Azalea Signs To Island/Def Jam


Original Story Longtime T.I. affiliate Iggy Azalea has been rolling with his Grand Hustle Records for some time. She went as far as reportedly signing with Tip's label after a tenure at Interscope Records, under the praise of label chairman Jimmy Iovine. From early 2012 reports, T.I. was slated to executive produce her debut LP. A press release from Island/Def Jam Records today has revealed that the Australian emcee has reportedly inked a new deal, with Island.

While neither T.I., nor Grand Hustle were mentioned in the press release, Iggy reacted, "I am elated to be a part of the Island Def Jam family!” said Iggy Azalea in a press statement. “After speaking in depth with David [Massey], Steve [Bartles] and Chris [Anokute], it became clear that Island Records was attuned to the type of artist I am. They are a great addition to my UK team, and I couldn't have asked for a more understanding and aspirational group of people to work with."

Iggy's keeping her long-reported album title, The New Classic, which is said to include the single "Work." Her album is planned for 2013 release.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 opinions:

Post a Comment