Black Thought Of The Roots Planning To Release Solo Blues Album


Original Story Philly emcee Black Thought may serve as the front man for The Legendary Roots Crew, but that title isn’t keeping the rapper from branching out to release a project of his own. While speaking with TheUberUrban.com, Black Thought shared his plans to release a solo blues album that will instead focus on his talents as a singer.

Black Thought also spoke on the artists who have helped along the way with the project, including R&B crooner Raheem DeVaughn and Jim James of My Morning Jacket.

“I just started writing a couple of weeks ago for a blues album kinda that I’m going to be singing on. I don’t know what it’s gonna be called, but it might be called The Talented Mr. Trotter,” Black Thought revealed. “And I’ve been writing with Raheem DeVaughn and my friend Ray Angry. I’mma be in the studio this week writing with my friend Tunde from a band called TV On The Radio. I’mma be doing some stuff with Jim James from My Morning Jacket. Just some stuff that I feel like I need to get out that is kind of aside from the new Roots record.”

Prior to speaking on the blues-infused album, Black Thought explained what it’s like working in a corporate setting over at Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.

“It’s as much fun as I can probably have and still be in a corporate environment because there’s very much a corporate setting and a chain of command that’s very different than what I had necessarily been used to,” said Black Thought. “I’ve been my own boss since I was about 18, 19-years-old. So to have an employer and then someone that he works for and someone that he works for. It took a little bit of getting used to, but it’s lots of fun every day.”
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 opinions:

Post a Comment